Since safety is of the utmost importance at PE-Redskaber, we also focus on the detail of automatic closure of the floor and automatic enclosure of the lifted floor in the floor hatch.
Furthermore, the frame pads provide extra safety, which minimises the risk of the receiver or gymnast being injured on the edges of the foam pit if an accident should happen.
Safety in open foam pits
- All our frame pads are fixed on the floor so they do not risk falling into the hole of the lifted floor.
- The foam pads are made of solid foam, which ensures that the gymnast’s feet do not push through to the floor.
- All joints are made in such a way so fingers and toes cannot get caught underneath.
- The stopper of the trampoline is only 9.2 mm wide, which enables the trampoline to be positioned very close to the foam pad when a jump is executed.
Safety in the foam pit with floor hatch
- The safety frame pad at the end of the foam pit prevents the gymnast from tumbling into the floor hatch in the event of a too-long jump.
- Furthermore, the frame pad prevents a child from falling between the floor hatch and the foam pad.
- Large sheet at the same height as the lifted floor so a person is prevented from crawling or falling down next to the floor hatch.
Recommendation from the Danish Working Environment Authority
Following a recommendation from the Danish Working Environment Authority, PE-Redskaber has chosen to install an extra safety system as a standard feature.
- All lifts are fitted with an extra safety screen around the wire wheels in order to minimise the risk of injury if the foam pit is not operated as specified by PE-Redskaber.
- The power is automatically disconnected if a person climbs under the trampoline and/or foam pit. The system then needs to be re-set by the janitor/hall supervisor or another authorised person.
- In the event of cleaning/service, the “fitter key” is placed in the key box in the hole of the raised floor. This prevents the re-set function in the hall. So there can be no operation while there are people in the hole!
- After cleaning/service, the system is re-set in the hall and the operating panels can be used to lift pads, etc. again